Our Ruby on Rails Developers sit on our Platform engineering team to build and maintain the core set of systems that power the Abacus ecosystem, an online NLP interface.
We are a team of smart, highly motivated engineers that place a high value on writing well crafted, thoroughly tested, and maintainable code.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- What interesting things can we do with question based query data when a user asks a question or searches for data?
- How can we empower credit unions to use this data and/or our products more frequently?
- Why should businesses keep using Abacus?
- How can we help them reach those conclusions more easily?
- Who might want to build on top of our platform and how can we make sure our API supports their needs?
- When will our system reach its breaking point? What must be done now to push back that date?
You Should Have
- 4+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework, in this case Rails
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
- Previous experience with relational database design fundamentals (PostgreSQL)
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
- Experience building and maintaining a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
Ready to apply?